Henrico Schools to hold mentor training
7/19/2019, 6 a.m.
Henrico County Public Schools is holding a series of training sessions in August and September for people who want to be mentors in the fall to students in the third through fifth grades.
Henrico HEROES, as the mentoring program is known, asks prospective mentors to complete an application, undergo a background check and attend a two-hour training session before starting in the 2019-20 school year.
Mentors are matched with a student with whom they meet for 30 to 45 minutes once a week from October to May. Henrico HEROES also are asked to participate in the program’s kickoff and end of year celebration.
Training sessions are:
• Thursday, Aug. 15, 2 to 4 p.m., multipurpose room, Eastern Henrico Government Center, 3820 Nine Mile Road.
• Thursday, Aug. 22, 9 to 11 a.m., Randolph Room, Eastern Henrico Recreation Center, 1440 N. Laburnum Ave.
• Thursday, Aug. 29, 2 to 4 p.m., Eastern Henrico Government Center.
• Thursday, Sept. 12, 9 to 11 a.m., Eastern Henrico Government Center.
• Saturday, Sept. 21, 9 to 11 a.m., Eastern Henrico Recreation Center.
Details and registration: Leslie Velez, firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 652-3813.