3/19/2020, 6 p.m.
In light of local and state precautions underway to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please take note of the following closings, cancellations and scheduling changes:
• U.S. Postal Service: Delivery will continue until further notice.
• VirginiaStateCapitolandPocahontasBuilding:Closed to the public through the end of March.
• Richmond: Government offices and community centers closed to the public through Friday, March 20. City Council meetings canceled through March 31.
• Chesterfield County: Government offices closed to the public through Sunday, March 22.
• Henrico County: Government offices open with reduced operations. The public is encouraged to access services electronically or by phone.
• trash and recycling: Regular schedule.
• ABC stores: Open, but customers are asked to call locations before coming in for purchases.
• DMV customer service centers: Closed to the public.
Vehicle registrations and driver’s license renewals available online, with a 60-day extension for those unable to renew online.
• Virginia Department of Corrections: All visitations canceled until further notice.
• The Supreme Court of Virginia has suspended all Circuit and District court proceedings through Tuesday, April 7, and all deadlines for a period of 21 days as part of a declared judicial emergency which includes prohibiting new eviction cases for tenants unable to pay rent due to COVID-19.
• Richmond Schools: Closed until Monday, April 13.
• Henrico Schools: Closed until Tuesday, April 14.
• Chesterfield Schools: Closed until Tuesday, April 14.
• Richmond: Closed until further notice. Patrons are asked to keep any checked out materials until the libraries reopen. Public encouraged to use online resources.
• Henrico County: Closed until further notice. Due dates are extended and fines are waived during this period. Library services available online.
• Chesterfield County: Closed to the public through Saturday, March 21. Please call 804-751-CCPL to speak to staff from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fines related to closing are waived and due dates are extended. Visitors are encouraged to use library.chesterfield.gov.
• Hospitals and doctor appointments: Contact individual locations for updates and information.
• GRtC: Buses operating on a regular schedule.
• Shopping malls, stores, restaurants and entertainment venues: Contact individual locations for hours of operation.
• Free Press offices: Open.